Halda Valley is nothing but a dream came true for me. In my long business career with Pedrollo pump and all other successful ventures I had pursued, I never felt so fulfilled until starting of my tea career with Halda Valley. From my very childhood nature and all her miracles somehow captivated my soul which lured me always to do anything to keep me close to nature. So I didn’t hesitate at all when I found the opportunity to acquire Halda Valley on 2003.
With zero knowledge in tea, it was a painstaking journey at the beginning to start tea cultivation in a wasteland. With the help of few tea planter friends I moved ahead to pursue my dream, revive Halda Valley and bring back her past glory. We had to convince tea workers to come back and work of Halda Valley, who had left this garden decades ago. But after initial few years struggle when the first flush bloomed across the new plant beds, all my hardship and dream melted together. I cultivated a new vision from there on to turn Halda Valley into a dream garden for many other estate owners to follow and set Halda Valley as a true example of model garden what no one had ever experienced in Bangladesh before.
Many thanks for your patients to hear my Halda Valley story. Please stay tuned and enjoy our tea with all its richness, purity and undeniable taste.
AT A GLANCE
Born at Fatickchari, Chittagong
Youngest son of late Syed Ahmed and late Syeda Khatun.
Married to Mrs. Hasina Khan (Ex-President of Khulshi Lions Club, Chittagong) and Proud father of two sons and a daughter – Mr. Imran Khan, Dr. Shamim Khan and Mrs. Syeda Tasnuva Khanam.
School : Chittagong Collegiate School and Government Muslim High School
College : Chittagong College
Graduation : Bachelor of Science (BSc.) Chittagong College.
- Past President of Khulshi Lions Club, member since 1976.
- Past District Governor Lions Club International, District 315 B4.
- Founding Chairman of Lion Mukhlesur Rahman Foundation (LMRF)
- Chairman of Prime Bank Foundation.
- Co-founder of CIDER Education Services Ltd.
- Member BOT and Chairman – Finance Committee Chittagong Independent University (CIU)
- Member EC and Chairman – Finance and Development Committee of Nazirhat College, Chittagong
- Founder of Durong Khulshi Lions School, Fatickchari, Chittagong.
- Life Member of Chittagong Maa O Shishu Medical College & Hospital.
- Melvin Jones Fellowship (MJF) in 1994 for outstanding social contribution.
- Paul Harris Fellowship (PHF) in 1996 by Rotary Club of Soave, Verona, Italy.
- Prime Minister’s Award in 2010 for contribution in tree plantation at Halda Valley Tea Garden.